Group B!
http://www.votenader.org/issues/index.php?cid=29
Yes, this is from a Pro-Nader website, but I stumbled upon it and he has nothing to do with what I found interesting.
The rounding up of Muslim Americans and Arab Americans and residents by the government that blurred the clear distinction between immigration cases and terrorism investigations. CAIR cites a report by the Office of Inspector General of the Justice Department which found that between September 11, 2001 and August 2002 the government arrested 738 Muslims and Arabs whose entry visas had expired. In doing so they interfered with their access to lawyers, blocked access by family members and even denied them the constitutional right of obtaining information on charges against them. The Justice Department’s own Office of Inspector General also reported that many were held in inhumane conditions including being contained in jail cells for 23 hours a day, taunting of prisoners and slamming prisoners against walls. Security tapes of the Bureau of Prisons show 308 incidents of physical abuse by staff of federal prisons. None of these hundreds of detainees were found to have links to terrorism.
Anyway, I think we should have our supposed gay-character get threatened with deportation.
Yes, this is from a Pro-Nader website, but I stumbled upon it and he has nothing to do with what I found interesting.
The rounding up of Muslim Americans and Arab Americans and residents by the government that blurred the clear distinction between immigration cases and terrorism investigations. CAIR cites a report by the Office of Inspector General of the Justice Department which found that between September 11, 2001 and August 2002 the government arrested 738 Muslims and Arabs whose entry visas had expired. In doing so they interfered with their access to lawyers, blocked access by family members and even denied them the constitutional right of obtaining information on charges against them. The Justice Department’s own Office of Inspector General also reported that many were held in inhumane conditions including being contained in jail cells for 23 hours a day, taunting of prisoners and slamming prisoners against walls. Security tapes of the Bureau of Prisons show 308 incidents of physical abuse by staff of federal prisons. None of these hundreds of detainees were found to have links to terrorism.
Anyway, I think we should have our supposed gay-character get threatened with deportation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home