Vidas Secas
I really liked this film. I thought that the cinematography worked perfectly for the story and the pace and look of the film made me feel like I was there. I could almost feel the weight they were carrying and the sun's heat. I really loved the dog and I thought she brought some joy to the film.
I liked how there was no musical score because the film showed the reality of this family's life and music might have ruined the effect they were going for. The sounds used in the film were very effective and were all that was needed. I actually didn't notice there was no score until I saw the violin lesson and the procession.
I kept thinking to myself that this movie could take place anywhere in the world. Poverty is a universal problem and it reminded me of other foreign films I have seen. I think it's important for cinema to show social problems and struggles and I'm glad we got a better look at what life in Brazil is really like for many people. It's sad that the problem continues today.
I liked how there was no musical score because the film showed the reality of this family's life and music might have ruined the effect they were going for. The sounds used in the film were very effective and were all that was needed. I actually didn't notice there was no score until I saw the violin lesson and the procession.
I kept thinking to myself that this movie could take place anywhere in the world. Poverty is a universal problem and it reminded me of other foreign films I have seen. I think it's important for cinema to show social problems and struggles and I'm glad we got a better look at what life in Brazil is really like for many people. It's sad that the problem continues today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home