Sunday, February 04, 2007

Back in Town

Nice to see the blogging is going smashingly. It's really gratifying for me to read your thoughts: I know what many Brazilian scholars and filmmakers think of these films but rarely hear the opinions of American film enthusiasts about them. Keep up your strong and perceptive observations. A note about this coming Tuesday's class: if our booking was successful (I'll know for sure Monday morning), we'll be showing a 16mm print of Limite, the legendary early Brazilian film (the one and only by its director, Mario Peixoto), from the Museum of Modern Art in New York's Circulating Film Library. This is a unique opportunity-- don't miss it! On Ganga Bruta: I hope we'll be able to discuss it some more in class, along with a few clips from Mauro's other films I'll be bringing by. Since Limite is two hours, we'll have to do kind of an express tour of Mauro's oeuvre but I think it will be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home