The Filmmaker of the Amazon
I did think the poor quality of the video tape was worth it to see Salvino Santos ' films, though.
I thought the film certainly reflected the financial difficulties of the Brazilian film industry, which I suspect will be a common thread through everything we read and discuss during this course.
What I found most interesting was the idea (pointed out during one of the interviews) that Santos has both the perspective of an outsider and someone who is not an outsider in his films about the Amazon. The Brazilian relationship to indigenous people, is something else I anticipate (and hope) we'll explore more in this class.
Cool stuff. I can't wait till next week.

1 Comments:
Much about Latin American indigenous cultures in the weeks to come!
Brazil and the U.S. have a very similar history on this front.
Post a Comment
<< Home