Central Station aka Central do Brasil
I'm not sure if anyone's posted about this film in the past, but I think people should really take a look at Central Station. I thought it was a very moving film - I happened upon it on comcast on demand in the free movie section a couple of weeks ago. It might still be on there, but if not keep checking back, they have a tendency to put back on previous films (they've put up and taken down Age of Innocence like three times now).
Anywho - the film is directed by Walter Salles and came out in 1998. I think its safe to describe it as an intimate road trip movie, where the further the distance the characters travel, the more they learn about themselves and each other. I dont want to really get into my views on it in case some people havent seen it, but here is a very basic plotline pulled from imdb: "Dora, a dour old woman, works at a Rio de Janeiro central station, writing letters for customers and mailing them. She hates customers and calls them 'trash'. Josue is a 9-year-old boy who never met his father. His mother is sending letters to his father through Dora. When she dies in a car accident, Dora takes Josue and takes a trip with him to find his father. Written by Anonymous"
Check it out - I really liked it even though I watched it at like 3AM
Anywho - the film is directed by Walter Salles and came out in 1998. I think its safe to describe it as an intimate road trip movie, where the further the distance the characters travel, the more they learn about themselves and each other. I dont want to really get into my views on it in case some people havent seen it, but here is a very basic plotline pulled from imdb: "Dora, a dour old woman, works at a Rio de Janeiro central station, writing letters for customers and mailing them. She hates customers and calls them 'trash'. Josue is a 9-year-old boy who never met his father. His mother is sending letters to his father through Dora. When she dies in a car accident, Dora takes Josue and takes a trip with him to find his father. Written by Anonymous"
Check it out - I really liked it even though I watched it at like 3AM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home