Poor turnouts, little blog activity, replacement films, and trivia questions
It is the end of the semester, and I suppose you're all busy finishing final papers and such-- but I was expecting and would have liked to see more blog activity this week.
Just as disappointingly, eighteen of you were no-shows at our Saturday screening. Props to Caitlin, the sole class member who ventured out.
What's the matter, folks? End of semester burnout? Spring weather malaise?
I don't have a remedy for you, alas. I will say, however, that you should try to eat some pineapple. The one Logan gave me to me last week was very ripe and delicious. (Thanks, Logan.)
Announcement: I've decided to replace tomorrow's film, the great Man Marked to Die, with Jorge Bondansky and Orlando Senna's 1976 Iracema, a documentary about the problems surrounding the construction of the Transamazonic Highway. Reasons for the change include the runtime (120 versus 90 minutes) and the range of issues discussed (Man Marked to Die is a much denser work and more difficult to discuss in the short time that we have). Iracema is discussed a number of times in our textbook, and is a key work in Brazilian film history for several reasons I'll be outlining tomorrow.
Oh, and the title Iracema, significantly, is an anagram. Of what?
Just as disappointingly, eighteen of you were no-shows at our Saturday screening. Props to Caitlin, the sole class member who ventured out.
What's the matter, folks? End of semester burnout? Spring weather malaise?
I don't have a remedy for you, alas. I will say, however, that you should try to eat some pineapple. The one Logan gave me to me last week was very ripe and delicious. (Thanks, Logan.)
Announcement: I've decided to replace tomorrow's film, the great Man Marked to Die, with Jorge Bondansky and Orlando Senna's 1976 Iracema, a documentary about the problems surrounding the construction of the Transamazonic Highway. Reasons for the change include the runtime (120 versus 90 minutes) and the range of issues discussed (Man Marked to Die is a much denser work and more difficult to discuss in the short time that we have). Iracema is discussed a number of times in our textbook, and is a key work in Brazilian film history for several reasons I'll be outlining tomorrow.
Oh, and the title Iracema, significantly, is an anagram. Of what?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home