Monday, April 16, 2007

Awakening of the Beast

At first I thought of Awakening of the Beast as a sort of Brazilian exploitation film, but as it went on I found that it seemed much too conscious of it's pollitical undertones to be purely exploitation.

It was a unique experience nonethelesss. I felt the whole film was this sort of juxtaposition of ideas and concepts. I also got a very light sense of a "Fellini-esque" relationship in regards to women, especially in the beginning of the film. The objectifying, along with the misogynistic tones...it all seemed to be there.

I feel like this is the sort of film you need to watch again to fully grasp. It's quite a rush of images and exhibitionism, that you don't recall every thing you saw a couple days later. Either way, quite an experience. A pleasant albeit bizarre experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home