Awakening of the beast
I describe this film as Tarantino meeting a B-Movie. Coffin Joes sense of ego was unreal. Everyone talked about how he was the scariest man they had ever seen and it was hilarious. He felt the need to mention himself every so often and it really frustrated me, the point of movies is to make a point and to entertain. I really hate shameless self promotion in film and Coffin Joes ego held this from being a fantastic piece. I did like how the film without warning went into colour. That was great, and came out of nowhere. The sequences there were great, impressive for the time it was done. I also liked the ending where it is revealed that they werent on LSD but water. i felt like that asked questions of the drug taking generation, it sort of asks if you are always so high on drugs how do you know you cant have a good time without them? The start sprawled for way too much, i thought the film was just going to be a parable for what happens when you go on drugs and i was glad to see characters from those stories in the ending. But apart from that i didnt really get it. I suppose it was meant to be tongue in cheek but it just flew over my head. (The girl being killed by the tree???) This film just frustrated me because it could have been great because of Coffin Joe and it failed also because of Coffin Joe.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home