Monday, May 07, 2007

Iracema

I liked this film, although it moved really slow. It seemed to be a hybrid of fiction and documentary. I could tell that the male character Tiao was an actor, but the other people in the movie seemed more natural by the way they talked and interacted. It's not told in a typical documentary way and you can tell that some shots were planned. The documentary part shows how the Transamazonic Highway is affecting the environment and the people. I think they added the fictional element because they wanted to tell a specific story and have the businessman interacting with Iracema.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really bummed that I had to leave early because I missed a big chunk of this film. Especially because I was finding myself more connected to this film than what I have previously seen in class. I think this is because I could connect more with characters here than in the other films (as I stated in another post - I feel like a lot of times a real human element is missing do to being hyper aware distancing me as the viewer). I do agree that you can tell Tiao was an actor and there was a couple others that seemed that way as well, but Iracema seemed very real to me - natural. I agree that the pace was slow but not dreadfully so and it was interesting that it had both a documentary and fiction element.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home