A Reflection: "Sao Paulo"
I am always thankful as a future filmmaker to see a film that re-inspires me and reminds me of the power and responsibility we as filmmakers hold. Although "Sao Paulo" is the story of one man, it regretfully embodies the spirit of many men.
What is so powerful about this film is its undeniable ability to reach audiences beyond culture and time. I was awakened by the film’s humanity and unapologetic empathy for all of man’s struggles no matter how big or small.
What is so powerful about this film is its undeniable ability to reach audiences beyond culture and time. I was awakened by the film’s humanity and unapologetic empathy for all of man’s struggles no matter how big or small.

1 Comments:
I feel that Sao Paulo is the most experimental movie we have watched in class so far, and thus, had a very visceral impact on the class it seemed. For me certainly, it was exciting and confrontational. I think someone in class mentioned that is was a very European-like movie which I definitely was thinking during it.
On a side note, this class is really exciting and worthwile because of these movies. Other cinema study classes I have taken always leave me feeling like I could learn all of this outside of class, but as we've been told, the availability of these movies is not wide, and so it is really exciting to be exposed to fantastic movies that we would have never seen and probably never even heard of anywhere else.
Post a Comment
<< Home